Berry Swirl Nice Cream Papaya Boats (Vegan)
My goal this year is to get more easy recipes on the blog. Recipes I make for myself at home. You know, easy stuff. The sort of recipes that kind of fall by the wayside as my brain fires off tons of complex and wonderous recipe ideas. Like gochujang tahini black rice ramen. Or these papaya boats filled with one of my favorite smoothies. Along with these easy eats, I'm just going to rattle off a whole bunch of links to internet things I've been digging on. K? K.
When I made this I ate about 3/4 of the papaya and the whole smoothie to myself, saving the other 1/4 papaya for later. But I was super hungry after working out. It really serves two people, with half of the smoothie going in each papaya half.
Papaya Protein Smoothie Bowl (Vegan)
Renee Shuman (Will Frolic for Food)
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
Serves: 2 servings
- 1 ripe papaya, halved lengthwise and scraped of its seeds
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup unsweetened plant milk
- 1 cup water
- Optional toppings (go crazy!)
- coconut flakes
- sliced kiwi
- hemp hearts
- goji berries
- fresh berries
- cacao nibs
- Add the frozen mango, avocado, blueberries, hemp hearts, dates, plant milk and water to the bowl of a high powered blender. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Spoon the smoothie into each of your papaya halves and top with goodies. Tip: Use a spoon with a somewhat sharp edge to spoon the papaya out as you scoop up the smoothie in big bites. Enjoy!