WFFF's Top 10 Recipes of 2015 + A Year in Review
Woah! 2015, what a babe you were! This past year was chock full o' learning, creative spark and reconnecting to heart things. That plus lots of tahini and coconut. Every year during the week between Christmas and the New Years Day I like to spend some time reflecting, journaling and envisioning the year to come. I sit down and review my accomplishments, experiences and my biggest lessons learned. I set resolutions. And I literally sketch out any heady dreams that have settled into my bones (e.g. I want my house to be zen af SO BAD). Looking back on the blog I'm almost having an out of body experience. I created all of this stuff out of my brain... HOW FREAKING AWESOME IS THAT?! And not only did I make a thing. But you guys actually look at the thing that I make. And good golly am I thankful for you all!
So! Let's take a gander at the top 10 posts you guys loved the most this year!
Top 10 Recipes of 2015
Creamy, toasty and chock full of berry goodness. It's basically a berry crumble in oatmeal form.
Plant based comfort food at it's best! It's noodley and creamy-savory deliciousness. I'm so glad you guys love this one as much as I do!
Tangy sweet springtime goodness. I swear it tastes exactly like strawberry froyo.
Seriously, this drink is the BOMB! It's the most hydrating, delicious drink on the planet.
Press in gluten free crust + date sweetened coconut cream filling! Dad approved thus certifiably AWESOME.
Basically a candy bar that can fuel an athlete. These bars are addictive, to say the least!
Super decadent. Super easy. Super guilt free! Full of gooey sour cherry pie filling. I miss my sour cherries *sob*
Spicy, crisp and fresh! This is the perfect punchy fresh corn salad. I ate it once a week at one point last Summer!
Seriously the best post workout smoothie bowl! It's feel good food!
Airy grain free & dairy free buckwheat cupcakes meet vanilla coconut cream frosting. Also they're just so freakin' PRETTY.
All in all, these recipes are a healthy mix of plant based goodness! There's tons of high vibey recipes coming your way in 2016. Get excited!
What do you guys think? What were your favorite recipes from the blog this year?
1. Got more serious about my yoga practice and started teaching again.
2. Made a wedding cake (the pressure! never again...).
3. Spent 7 very difficult, dusty days selling raw coconut water at Floydfest for one of Logan's business side projects.
4. Went to the Northwest Chocolate Festival in Seattle to eat all of the chocolate... for science! Actually more like... for business research!
5. Went paddle boarding on Lake Helena in Montana with Logan and his family.
6. Explored portland, where I met Rachel of Vigor & Sage and drank all the coffee.
7. Took an ashtanga yoga teacher training with David Swenson and Shelley Washington!
8. Shot my first magazine spread (to be published this Spring).
10. Picked giant juicy blueberries on top of a mountain.
11. Ate gluten free vegan doughnuts with Logan in NYC (we go every year around Christmas. It's v squishy romantic.)
12. Ate 5x my body weight in avocado toast.
13. Picked & pitted 15 pounds of sour cherries from our pie cherry tree!
14. Made a Montana Huckleberry pie with real huckleberries (it was amaaaaaazing).
15. Saw cartoon-looking snowflakes in Colorado. We visited for Logan's birthday.
16. Mastered basic yoga inversions!
So what's on the horizon for 2016?
I have a feeling that 2016 is going to be a wonderful year for WFFF. There are lots of projects stirring and exciting collaborations coming. I can't tell you in too much detail what's in store for the blog (and for me!) this year. I don't want to jump the gun. So you'll just have to stay tuned!
The Blog: I try to keep a sense of seasonal spontaneity alive when it comes to recipe development, so I can't give too much away! But I CAN tell you that in 2016 the blog will be honing in on deeply nutritious foods, plant based meals, and recipes you can make in under 3o minutes. In 2015 I asked you all what you most wanted to see on the blog. And you've all made it loud and clear that you want easy plant based meals and inspiring desserts. I think I'm up for the challenge!
Personal: In 2016 I'm working on some creative projects that have been in the seed-stage for most of 2015. This year, they're going to begin sprouting! By this I mean I'll be focusing in on poetry and music -- creating, fine tuning and performing both. I also plan to teach as much Yoga as possible, including a donation-only community yoga class. Because giving back feels so good! Other than that, I plan on doing as much photography as possible. Shooting events, weddings and personal work. Busy busy!
And guess WHAT?! Frolic Chocolate is getting it's first packaging run printed in January. HOLY SMOKES.
What are your goals and dreams for 2016? Share in the comments!